Sheet Metal Laser Engraving Service
Using modern laser engraving technology and an industry-leading quotation engine to detect engraved designs, we offer instant quotation and ordering for laser engraved sheet metal projects. From intricate custom designs to detailed logos and text, to unique part identification or revision information, our laser engraving service allows our customers to enhance their sheet metal designs even further.
What is Laser Engraving?
Laser engraving is an art of precision, using focused laser beams to etch designs onto sheet metal surfaces. This non-contact, high-precision method is perfect for intricate designs, ensuring minimal material distortion. The material is vaporized away from the surface of the part to leave permanent designs at varying depths depending on customer requirements and power settings of the machine.
Why Use Komacut for Laser Engraving?
- Simple to Use: easy upload of a vector file allows us to quote and order your laser engraved parts instantly.
- One-stop Shop: we offer laser cutting, bending, surface finishing and engraving in a one-step quotation process, and in a single facility.
- Precision and Versatility: Our top-tier laser engraving technology etches complex designs on various sheet metal materials with exceptional accuracy.
What Can Be Laser Engraved on My Sheet Metal Part?
Typical content includes:
- Part number
- Customer logo
- Revision number
- Simple designs
- Numbering or lettering
How Do I Quote Laser Engraved Parts?
As long as your 3D file includes the laser engraved portion in your design, our quotation engine will automatically detect laser engraving and include it in the cost of your parts. You’ll then be prompted to upload an SVG vector file to ensure that Komacut is able to produce the design with the desired font and details.
- Upload 3D Drawing(s) and Select Specifications: Upload 3D designs and choose part specifications; our engine will automatically detect and include the cost of the laser engraving in the part.
- Review Parts and Calculate Costs: You’ll be able to review the parts in a 3D or flat view, calculating costs and the location and content of laser engraving markings.
- Upload Laser Engraving Vector File: after you’ve created your quote and saved to “My Parts”, you’ll be prompted to upload an SVG file when you go to order.
- Place Order & Pay: once your SVG file is uploaded, you can place your online order and start the manufacturing process.
- Production of Parts and Laser Engraving: Once your sheet metal parts have been manufactured and checked, Komacut precisely engraves the design onto sheet metal using advanced laser technology.
- Quality Inspection: Each engraved piece undergoes a thorough inspection to ensure it meets high-quality standards.
- Delivery: Secure packaging and delivery of the finished product, with coordination for shipping and tracking.
For step-by-step guidance on ordering your custom engraved parts, check out our detailed tutorial: Ordering Custom Engraved Laser Cut Parts.
Tolerances and Capabilities
|Maximum Logo Size
|150mm x 150mm
|Maximum Part Height
|0.01mm to 0.6mm
Commonly Asked Questions for Laser Engraving
Laser engraving is extremely durable. The process etches away the material to leave a permanent mark that is resistant to fading and wear.
Komacut's laser engraving services are specialized for various types of sheet metal, including aluminum, stainless steel, carbon steel and more. Please contact us if you have specific material in mind.
Yes, laser engraving can be performed on both powder-coated and anodized surfaces.
We only accept SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format for 3D design file uploads.